The presentation of the website and logo of the Summer Job program was held in the Ministry of Education and Science, and was attended by the Minister of Education and Science, Dimitri Shashkini, as well as the Minister of the Sport and Youth Affairs, Lado Vardzelashvili.
The program, which was initiated by the President, will be activated throughout Georgia from the 20th of July till the 20th of August, 2012. All BA students of authorized higher educational institutions are eligible to participate in the project.
• around 25,000 students will be employed as a part of the program;
• the Georgian government will allocate 500 GEL for each student's stipend;
• the students should opt for one position out of the 70 offered; (possible options of employment include: construction, legal companies, hospitals, self government bodies, and more)
• students should register electronically on www.summerjob.ge
• studenst should registrer online from the 20th of March till 20th of April;
• the program “ summer job” does not necessarily envisage employing students strictly according to their professions, some of professions might not be listed in the list of possible summer positions; therefore, students can also choose positions that do not match their professional profile
The project “Summer Job” aims to facilitate students’ qualification enhancement and capacity development in the fields they are seeking for employment in the future. Additionally, earned income will aid them in funding their own education or enable them to save some money for personal diversions such as travel or vacations.
The main purpose of the program is to provide students with the opportunity to make the most of their summer vocation. Student employment programs such as this are being introduced and developed in other western countries. Georgian governmental organizations, agencies, and private companies are actively involved in MES's students’ employment project.