- Human Resource Management
- public information
The Millennium Challenge Account - Georgia is announcing a Request for Proposals and seeks to engage a consultant, consulting firm or consortium for Consultant Services for Industry-led Skills and Workforce Development Project Manager.
The Millennium Challenge Compact between the United States of America, acting through the Millennium Challenge Corporation, a United States government corporation, and Georgia was signed on July 26, 2013. The $140 million Compact seeks to assist Georgia in addressing a major constraint to economic growth by supporting strategic investments in general education, technical and vocational education and training (TVET), and higher education that will strengthen the quality of education with an emphasis on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education and skills, in Georgia.
The Industry-led Skills and Workforce Development (ISWD) Project aims to improve the linkage between market-demanded skills and the supply of Georgians with technical skills relevant to the local economy. Investments to support TVET are necessary to address industry demand for skilled technicians and to reach potential beneficiaries who may not have the opportunity to obtain further education and training with following specific activities:
1) Run a competition to solicit and fund innovative, industry-driven proposals from Georgian TVET providers for establishing new or expanding existing training programs to meet industry needs;
Funding will be provided to:
2) Strengthen TVET provider practice by identifying, documenting, and disseminating good practices through the competition process, provide technical assistance for adoption of best practices; create an annual TVET awards and promoting uptake of best practices across the sector.
3) Strengthen national policy with respect to industry engagement in the Georgian TVET sectors.
4) Host annual TVET conferences.
Consultants interested in submitting a Proposal and receiving the full Request for Proposal document should register their interest by sending an e-mail, giving full contact details of the Consultant, to:
The closing time for receipt of Proposals is June 20, 2014 at 3:00 pm local time in Georgia (GMT+4).