7th-12th graders of around 30 countries participate in International Olympiad that is held in Georgia. Competent jury will evaluate participants’ projects in mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, informatics, ecology as well as industry and household techniques and identify the winners. Two-day Olympiad was opened in “Sheraton Metechi Palace” on May 13. On May 15, Olympiad will be concluded by award ceremony of the winners.
The goal of this Olympiad is to:
- Identify talented schoolchildren and increase their interest in research and invention activities.
- Encourage talented schoolchildren in realizing their scientific ideas, explaining and expressing them through prominent workings (tool or project).
- Develop skills in order to acknowledge and solve actual problems existing among the schoolchildren of their age and generally, in society.
- Explain the link between different scientific fields and everyday life.
- Advance the level of schoolchildren knowledge in different fields of science and etc.
Event is organized by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia, “Chaglar” Educational Institutions, National Intellectual Property Center SAKPATENTI, the Delegation of EU to Georgia and company “Geocell”.