Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia set up Pre-school education Development Department for the support of Pre-school education sector.
The aim of Pre-school Education Department is to identify the problems into Pre-school education sector and to find solutions; to help municipalities in the field of management and organization pre-school education institutions to ensure them with the textbooks and to operate the effectiveness of the kindergartens. Department aims to facilitate access to preschool education throughout the country, each child's school training providing them with high-quality pre-school education.
• The Pre-school Education Department held the first international conference "Pre-school education in Georgia - Reality and Perspectives". In The conference were participating governmental, non-governmental and international organizations, representatives of academic and pre-school education, local municipalities and heads of kindergartens. The conference was also attended by the Polish and Danish experts, who shared their experience with Georgian colleagues in the field of pre-school education. The conference outlined the main directions of future activities, priorities and developed recommendations, which will be considered in the planning process in the field of for pre-school education;
• It held a working meeting / workshop for the early education’s young scientists of Georgian Universities and for the kindergartens Union’s representatives. The workshop participants discussed the current problems in this field, Including at the local level, shared their experience and formed their vision about this sphere;
• It was created a pre-school education website www.preschooleducation.ge, Displaying as a general information about the pre-school education, as well as about the international conference. The public has an opportunity to become familiar with the conference topics and presentations, and current projects and publications in the field of pre-school education;
• It was created a pre-school education database, which contains information throughout the country about the existing nursery schools and current conditions;
• It was published methodological manuals for preschool educators and specialists: The Learning and Development Standards in the Early age, Pre-school age child evaluation form, Games and activities for children of preschool age, Preschool institution Management Guide, physical environment of the Preschool institution, etc. Also established guidelines for ethnic minority preschool children in Georgian as a second language study.
• Pre-School Education Development Department works on the pre-school education policy and on the establishment of legislative framework. The documents will display in the management and organization issues of pre-school education in Georgia; The functioning of the pre-school education, activities of the personnel involved, pre-school education regulatory principles and mechanisms, in the kindergartens and other related aspects;
• Is being developed the guide of recommendations to help local authorities to improve management efficiency in the field of pre-school education;
• Because of increased pre-school education demand, the international experience is being researched, also the analysis of situation in Georgia and alternative project’s models of pre-school education are being developed;
• The coordination monitoring group is working to improve Pre-school education services, which advises local authorities about the pre-school education issues;
• Workshops are held for defining pre-school education institution caregiver’s qualifications and standards;
• The Department is working for defining preparatory programs for the kindergarten’s caregivers in collaboration with the Pre-school education experts and university and representatives.
Pre-school education - this is an important stage in human life, which largely determines their success in the future. Multifaceted development in the early stage, Remit age and support the readiness for school and subsequent life, helps to forms the child's full-fledged personality. It is possible to create necessary environment and conditions for the child’s multilateral development in cooperation with the parents, family, educational institutions, with the state and the entire society. Accordingly, each of us must be aware of the importance of this sphere and must care about children’s education and development in the early age.