Minister of Education
and Science of Georgia Dimitri Shashkini held the meeting with journalists and
discussed with them the innovations that are planned from new academic year.
During the seminar,
organized for the journalists, Minister covered the following topics:
- Textbooks for socially vulnerable schoolchildren
- Textbooks’ lower prices
- Building new schools and vocational colleges
- Improvement of educational infrastructure
- 60000 free net-books for all 1st graders
and their teachers
- 1000 portable computers for successful schoolchildren
- Teachers’ capacity building and salary growth
- New National Curriculum
- Strengthening of teaching of applied and natural
- Intensification of English language teaching
- Strengthening of Teaching of Georgian language
- Capacity building of resource officers
- Support of Professional Education
- Foreign professors at higher education institutions of
- Millennium project – building new higher education
During the meeting Minister of Education and Science of Georgia answered
all questions of journalists.
Seminar for journalists was organized with financial support of the United Nations Children's Fund.