- Human Resource Management
- public information
Teachers who have reached retirement as part of education reform, who have decided to leave the profession on a voluntary basis, will receive a one-time monetary reward from the state in 2019 - a two-year total salary.
In this form, the State is grateful to the retired teachers, who have created a history of secondary school education and raised many generations, and would like to thank for their many years of invaluable pedagogical activity. It is also important that as a result of the reform, young qualified personnel entered the secondary education system to ensure the quality education.
In order to implement this reform, the Government of Georgia approved the rule of granting a monetary reward to teachers of retirement age employed in public schools:
A public school practitioner who reaches retirement by December 31, 2019, is eligible to apply for the award.
- The practicing teacher should apply to the public school principal with the application for termination of employment contract to receive the monetary reward.
- If a practicing teacher teaches in more than one public school, he / she must terminate the employment relationship with all public schools in order to receive monetary reward. In this case, the monetary award is calculated on the basis of the employment contract with each public school.
- The amount of monetary reward is 24 times the average arithmetic (without pay) as compared to the current practicing teacher.
- A teacher who has been suspended from employment prior to the 2019-2020 academic year will be awarded a monetary reward of 24 times the average arithmetic average monthly salary (excluding income) for the last 3 months.
- The amount of monetary rewards will be calculated based on the salary of the practicing teacher and the allowances provided for him / her.
- If the retirement teacher receives a monetary award after two years from the termination of the contract, he or she shall decide to hire a teacher in a public school and shall also meet the relevant requirements (requirements for Teacher Education under Article 213 of the Law of Georgia on General Education).
- Cash prize will be awarded during 2019.
- As of May 31, 2019, more than 5,600 teachers from 1594 schools have expressed a desire to receive the award.
In the context of ongoing education reform, in order to improve the quality of teaching in schools, it is important for the practicing teacher to affirm the minimum competence and raise the status. Accordingly, a special decree on granting the status of Head Teacher was also determined by the decree of the Government of Georgia:
- For a practicing teacher (other than a non-native general education practitioner / sector practitioner) who will not be a senior teacher by January 31, 2020, the public school principal will, if necessary, sign a tenure contract to vacate the position.
- The vacancy will be filled by a person who meets the relevant requirements (requirements for teacher education under Article 213 of the Law of Georgia on General Education).
- After the appointment of the person selected for the vacancy, the practicing teacher will be terminated with a term employment contract.
https://matsne.gov.ge/document/view/29248?publication=78 - General Education Law
https://matsne.gov.ge/en/document/view/2995627?publication=0 - Ministerial Order N126 / N of September 28, 2015 on the Determination of the Minimum Wage and Conditions for Public School Teachers.