Deputy Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia - Ekaterine Dgebuadze and the Head of Resource Office of Georgia - Gela Geladze held a working meeting with representatives of international non-governmental organizations on the subject of preventing bullying at schools. The main purpose of the meeting was to get acquainted with the activities carried out against bullying and to determine the format and future plans of cooperation between the parties in this regard.
Within the meeting framework, the sides discussed current initiatives and projects implemented by the Resource Officers. The participants also discussed achievements, and future challenges that may arise. At the end of the meeting all parties expressed their full commitment to cooperate in overcoming the above problem.
The main purpose of the meetings with the non-governmental sector is to develop a systematic approach to the fight against bullying, as well as to develop a policy framework, resulting in putting it into practice.
2019 served as a particularly fruitful yea:
- Personnel trained in 9 pilot schools;
- 63 schools have trained 972 teachers and 52 psychologists;
- 12 teachers and 4 Resource Officers from 9 pilot schools were trained for peer education;
- 12 teachers and 18 Resource Officers from 9 pilot schools were trained to prevent cyber security and addiction;
- Continious meetings were held with parents
There are loads of projects in the pipeline for 2020:
- Creation of an electronic consulting platform;
- Introducing the school mediation component;
- Processing of billing based on the data of the service recipients in the center.