Resolution of the Government of
#203 November 4,
On the establishment of the
Statute of the National Vocational Education and Training Council
1. With the purpose of supporting development of vocational education and
training (VET) and ensuring coordinated
activities of governmental institutions, employers trade unions and nongovernmental sector as
well as VET centers in VET, in accordance with 2nd Paragraph of the
29th Article of the Law of
Georgia “Structure, Powers and Order of Activity of the Government of Georgia”,
the Statute of the National Vocational Education and Training Council stated in
the appendix shall be enacted.
2. The decree shall be in force from the
moment of its signature.
minister Nika Gilauri
Approved by the Resolution of the
Government of Georgia #203
November 4, 2009
The Statute of the National VET Council
Article 1 General Provisions
1. The National VET Council
(hereinafter – Council) is a consultative board based on the principles of the
social partnership in VET, and is created for the coordination of activities
among government, employers, trade unions and nongovernmental sector.
In its activities the council abides to the Constitution of Georgia,
international agreements and contracts of Georgia, other Georgian laws and
bylaws and this Statute.
Article 2 Council Membership
The Council members are nominated by the Ministry of Education and
Science of Georgia and approved by the Government of Georgia .
2. No less than one member from the
following governmental institutions and legal entities as well as real persons
shall be represented in the Council.
Government of Georgia;
- The Parliament of Georgia;
- The Ministry of Education and Science
- The Ministry of Economic Development of
- The Ministry of Finance of Georgia;
- The Ministry of Labour, Health and
Social Affairs of Georgia;
- The Ministry of Culture, Monuments
Protection and Sports of Georgia;
- The Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia;
Minister of Corrections and Legal Assistance of Georgia;
Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia;
- The Office of the State Minister of
Georgia for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration;
- Public Organizations;
- Employers’ association;
- VET Center and their union;
- Independent expert.
3. The chairman of the Council is the
Prime Minister of Georgia.
4. Other members of the Parliament of
Georgia and the Government of Georgia, governmental institutions,
nongovernmental and international organizations and also independent experts
can participate in the activities of the Council by the decision of the
chairman of the Council.
5. The denomination of a Council member
can be decided by the initiative of the Government of Georgia, by the
initiative of the Ministry of Education and Science, relevant individual or
legal entities they represent.
Article 3 Council Goals
The Council goal is to ensure
coordinated activities between governmental Institutions, employers, trade
unions and nongovernmental sector as well as VET centers.
Article 4 Powers of Council
In order to achieve its goal the
- Develops proposals and resolutions
related to the VET Reform Strategy and VET Development Action Plan . VET Reform
Strategy is approved by the order of the Prime Minister;
- Develops proposals on the formation
of various committees and working groups in sphere of VET;
- Can obtain any relevant information
from the governmental institutions in accordance with Georgian legislation.
- The Council forms the working groups
and invites independent experts to study the issues and frame recommendations
within its scope.
Article 5 Working Groups and
- As necessary the Council creates
thematic working groups with the total majority of the council members for the
implementation of tasks defined in the Statute.
- Representatives of the governmental
institutions, legal entities in the respective fields, the scientists and
experts can be members of the working groups.
- The frequency of meetings is
determined by the Council in accordance to the responsibilities of the group.
The working group meetings are held no less than once in three months.
- The head of the working group who
guides its activities is elected by the majority of the total number of the
Council members from the group.
- The Council can invite an
independent expert with the purpose of studying an issue within its competence
and framing recommendations as necessary.
- An independent expert can be a
person with relevant competences and experience in the respective field.
- The scope of the activities of the
expert is determined by the Council in accordance with the responsibilities.
Article 6 Council Meeting
- The Council and the Council meetings
are chaired by the chairman of the Council.
- In case of the absence of the
Council chairman, the responsibility is taken by a member nominated by him/her.
- The Secretary of the Council who
records the minutes is elected during the Council meeting among the Council
- A Secretariat is established with
the Council members of which are appointed by the MoES by an individual
administrative-legal act. The Secretariat provides technical support of the
working groups established by the Council as well as independent expert
- The Council is legitimate when the
majority of the members are attending.
- The Council meets at least once in
three months. Twice per year Council meetings are extended for the
participation of different stakeholders in VET.
- The agenda of a Council meeting is
approved by the Chairman. The meeting discussion topics can be presented by the
Chairmen and members of the Council as well as heads of the working group and
independent experts invited to the Council meeting.
- The decisions of the Council are
made by the majority of votes. In case of the equal votes the vote is of the
chairman is decisive.
- No later than 5 days after the
meeting, minutes shall be signed by the chairman of the Council and the
- The Council secretary represents
the member of the secretariat as well that is responsible for sending the
minutes to the Council members, working group members, independent experts and
other interested parties.
- In case of need the chairman of the
Council has a right to call for a special meeting.
Article 7 Concluding Statement
The statute of the Council can be
dismissed or amended by the decree of the Government of Georgia.